TV Tip-overs Part 1

Flat panel TVs are great but if improperly setup they have the potential to become a major home hazard. The CPSC reports that every two weeks a child dies when a TV, a piece of furniture or an appliance falls on him or her. The links to the following stories further illustrate that point:
 
San Antonio child dies after TV falls on top of him; by Phil Anaya / KENS 5 khou.com, July 18, 2013.
 
Baby ‘critical’ after 40-inch TV falls on top of him; ABC 15 (GLENDALE, AZ), 08/10/2013.
 
Child dies from injuries after TV falls on him; KWCH 12 Eyewitness News (WICHITA, Kan), May 30, 2013.
 
Update: Child Dies After TV Falls on Him; FOX 29 (SAN ANTONIO), July 2013.
 
‘We just need to learn from this.’ Girl, 4, dies after TV set falls on her; Chicago Tribune, January 16, 2012.
 
4-year-old dies after TV falls on him, what you can do to protect your children; WAVE 3 News (Louisville, KY), Jan 07, 2013.
 
TV falls on, kills Troy 3-year-old; timesunion.com (Troy, NY), April 18, 2013.
 
These senseless tragedies continue to happen and it’s not like they can’t be prevented. In the next three posts we will show you how to prevent TV tip-overs.